August 7, 2013

rhodes ranch sewing retreat

Daggonit, I forgot to blog again.

I'll do better. :)

Anywho, last month I drove up to Columbus, Ohio- one of my favorite Midwestern cities (it's supa dupa fly)- to spend the day sewing with my lovies Alli, April and Emily!
Yes, that's Mtn Dew. You can take the girl out of Kentucky but you can't take the Kentucky out of the girl. :)
 
One day, I was missing these ladies something terrible and texted my sadness to them. Next thing you know, sweet April invited us all to spend a crafty day at her house! It was so great, can't even tell you. :)

Alli worked on a quilt top using selvedges, April made some of the prettiest clothes ever for her two little ones and Emily finished one Washi dress and MADE another one! Ye-ah! And they taught me how to make my very first Staple Dress.

But the best part of the day was just BEING with these ladies- learning from each other, sharing our triumphs and struggles together and lifting each other up.

These ladies are beautiful inside and out and I'm so blessed to call them friends.

Crafty friends are kinda the best, don't you think? There's just something about like-minded folks... one of the many reasons why I cannot WAIT for our #OHcraft sew-in this fall! Are you coming? It's gonna be a blast. :)

xo, Kara

3 comments:

  1. Love you and our crafty sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely! One of the reasons I'm looking forwards to the Sewing Summit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like SO MUCH FUN!! I need a sewing retreat. Badly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I usually respond to inquiries or funny bits via email, so please make sure your address is available in your profile.