January 15, 2013

#OHcraft

Well, folks- the 365 project is a bust. It's taken me 31 years to commit to brushing my hair every day, so I'm not sure how I thought I was going to post pictures of our home every day. ;) So! I've decided to change it to a 52 week project and will post little pictures and stories of our casita every week of the year! Much more realistic, yeah?

Anywho, lots of fun things are happening in Crafty Land! Last Sunday a group of Ohio crafters and I (ok- I live in Kentucky but grew up in Ohio and our next house will be there, yo) met up for bonding time!
lunchtable

Pictured, left to right around the table: April from Sew to Speak (in the pretty yellow dress), Julie from Sewn Studio, Heather from Olive and Ollie, Jessica (looking quite GQ in her senior portrait pose!) from A Little Gray, me from um... here..., Alli from PhD Stitchery, Amanda from Sasikirana Handmade and Rachael from Imagine Gnats. Emily from The Boy Trifecta took the picture!

Half of the group lives in Columbus and the other half lives in/around Cincinnati, so we decided to meet up about halfway in the cute village of Waynesville, Ohio fo the afternoon! We started our time together with a yummy lunch at The Hammel House (Did you know that George W. Bush did a drive by there? Not the kind they do in Compton) which was full of lots of laughs, silly stories and inappropriate jokes. I was so offended by these women! Their taste in humor is appalling!!! Oh, wait... I told those jokes... my bad. ;)

After lunch we headed to Fabric Shack where there is just an AMAZING amount of beautiful fabric! We bought lots of pretty things there for future projects and I somehow resisted, once again, from The Bearenstein Bear charm pack that calls my name every time I'm there.

01.14.2012 045

Spending the afternoon with these ladies was SO (!!!) much fun!!! They are all not only crafty geniuses but are so super nice too. Alli totally won me over with a finger puppet of my main lunatic man, Frank Lloyd Wright too.

01.14.2012 047
Doesn't he look so annoyed to be on my finger? It's perfect. :)

The #OHcraft gals and I have plans in the works for lots of crafty goodness for the folks in Ohio; I'll be sure to let y'all know what's up!

xo, Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I usually respond to inquiries or funny bits via email, so please make sure your address is available in your profile.