October 29, 2014

OHcraft 2014 was EPIC!

Our OHcraft 2014 sew-in has come and gone and it was AMAZING!!!
some of those fun OHcraft girls!

Our sew-in this year was October 10-12 at Shawnee State Park in Portsmouth, Ohio. The lodge was in the prettiest place ever, full of mountaintops and river views!
 

We all had a great time together sewing, laughing, knitting, eating, cross stitching, shopping at the Crimson Tate pop-up shop and NOT HAVING ANY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR AN ENTIRE WEEKEND. It was glorious. :)

In addition to all of that goodness, there was a secret swap that Jaclyn (holding the cute little girl pants above) coordinated! Everyone got little gifts every couple of hours throughout the retreat and then one big gift on Sunday during breakfast.

Speaking of goodies, holy cow, we were so spoiled by our FLIPPING FANTASTIC SPONSORS!!! Your generosity made me misty more than once and I am just so very grateful to be a part of this wonderful community.



I really can't say enough about how great the folks listed above were to our little sew-in. It fills my heart in crazy ways. My whole goal when having the first OHcraft sew-in was very simple and it's never changed- to have a weekend away from the pressures of life where folks can go and BE INSPIRED AND GET CREATIVE. Where you don't have to worry about the laundry, cooking or taking care of everyone else. Not only that, but I strive for this to be as economical of a sew-in as possible. There is no revenue generated to me for this sew-in and there never will be. It's just a weekend to get away from it all and be yourself without straining your budget.

Hosting these weekends have been a treat for me. I love seeing people open up and make new friends and I love on Sunday morning seeing everyone renewed and energized, ready to face real life again. If I've said it once, I've said it 1,000 times- I am so fortunate to be a part of this amazing community of crafters. :)

xo, Kara
Instagram Facebook Twitter

2 comments:

  1. I just found the OHcraft group right before this retreat happened - so I'm already anxiously awaiting the next getaway so I can join in on the fun. Hope it is soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I usually respond to inquiries or funny bits via email, so please make sure your address is available in your profile.