February 1, 2013

i heart february!

Thank you all so much for voting for me in the I Love My LQS photo contest!!! Out of 375 pictures in the contest, I made it to #12! BOO-YA!!! As promised, one lucky commenter from Tuesday's post is going to win a special gift handmade by me and the lucky person Mister Random Number Generator has selected to win is...








MEGAN FULLEN!!! I am so excited that Megan won- homegirl shared my link like a champ and even tried to vote twice. :) Congratulations, Megan!!!

Now, on to more fun!

It's February, people!!! :D I looooooooooove February because it has my favorite holiday smack dab in the middle of the month- VALENTINE'S DAY. My birthday is in February too but it's really because of the big V-Day that I love this month so much. It's full of pink and red and hearts and flowers and chocolates and looooooooooooove! I die. :)

There are some super cute ideas out in blog land for glitzing up your house for the big day. Here are a few of my favorites that I pinned!



I saw this BEAUTIFUL quilt top by Amanda from A Crafty Fox on Instagram and fell in love!

Source: acraftyfox.net via Kara on Pinterest

Her inspiration was from Blue Elephant Stitches who shares a great visual on how to put these blocks together-


 



 
Can you stand how gorgeous these are?! This would be a great project to use scraps for, don't you think?

Amy Smart from Diary of a Quilter has written the best tutorial for making this sweet little valentine bunting pillow.

I love bunting like none other and it's one of my favorite things to make so I love the idea of putting it onto a pillow! I also think this would work great as a Valentine's Day table runner.

If crafts aren't your thing (gasp! just kidding...), there are plenty of ways to make Valentine's Day festive without breaking out the glue sticks! How about making this super cute hot chocolate for your special people?

Source: dondalees.com via Kara on Pinterest

Just spread whipped cream onto a cookie sheet and freeze, then using a cookie cutter cut out heart shaped whipped cream to stick in your mug! Super cute. :)

Or if tea's your special person's thing, you could buy these charming little heart shaped sugar cubes from Parthenon Foods.
You get 145 sugar hearts for just $4.49!

Happy February, friends!!! :)

xo, Kara


PS: If I have shared something on this post from your blog/website and you would prefer for it not to be posted here, please let me know and I'll happily remove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I usually respond to inquiries or funny bits via email, so please make sure your address is available in your profile.