January 2, 2013

home, 2:365

Is it just me or does the title of this post look like a Bible passage? I'll have to work on that. :)

Today was my first day back at work ALL YEAR! Womp, womp... It was good to be back though because, as my mom says, you wouldn't appreciate vacation if you never worked. So true. :) It was also nice to get back to routine, though I wouldn't mind if that routine involved weekly lunch time spa massages... a girl can dream! ;)

Coincidentally, I had to leave work a bit early today to have a test done at a local hospital (everything is fine) which has scared the day lights out of me every time I've thought about it for the past week! Not the actual test, at all, just the part where you get medicine through an IV... holy freaking crap, VEINS FREAK ME OUT!!! Today was no exception as just having the IV inserted left me sweating like crazy, burning up and- wait for it- hurling like a Baptist at a frat party. OY. Needless to say, the IV was removed and the test was given without the dye they were supposed to put in... oops!

So, my view of home today? Nestled under the covers after my SILLY traumatic puking episode at the hospital, waiting for Heather to get home so we can go out for pizza...


Yes, humility has made me her bitch today. :-/

xo, Kara

3 comments:

  1. Feel better! Glad everything turned out OK in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing *hug*. I totally get the aversion to needles and IVs. I hate them sooo much. <33333 Love the yellow with the polkda dots too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing! I used to hate needles and everything associated but after 2 pregnancies with a negative blood type I am used to being a pincushion! Horrible! I just got used to it after a while. Still HATE it though. Hope pizza was awesome. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I usually respond to inquiries or funny bits via email, so please make sure your address is available in your profile.