August 1, 2012

{get in my belly}- mom's banana bread

I spent last weekend being a domestic queen; I sewed, I baked, I cleaned, I visited the elderly (ok, it was actually my mom and she's not elderly). On Sunday I baked her famous banana bread and it was so yummy I decided to share the recipe with you!

First, round up these ingredients:

Mix together the sugar, vanilla, oil and eggs until they look like fudge as you're stirring it. Because everybody knows what that looks like, right? Well, just in case you don't cook peanut butter fudge (yum...) all December long like I do, this is the consistency you're going for.

Then add the flour, baking soda and soft bananas. This is a great recipe for when you have the brownest of brown bananas, peeps. Seriously- the browner the better.


Keep on mixing until the batter gets soupy. Then, if you'd like, add half a cup of walnuts. I had just a wee bit less than that...
but I threw them in anyway.

Then, pour your lovely soupy, banana-y mixture- with a hint of walnuts- into a well greased loaf pan and stick it in the oven for 50 minutes on 350 degrees.

The result?

50 shades of YUM! Ok, so the middle in this picture is a little soupy but it all worked out later, promise. :) I'm kinda glad it turned out a bit wonky at first though because it reminded me of this post that Ros over at Sew Delicious wrote. Anyone else out there roll your eyes at the "perfect" lives projected on the blogosphere from time to time (CASE IN POINT)? Don't worry, folks- I will always have a very imperfect life to share here with you. You know, just to boost your self confidence.

You're welcome. ;)

xo,
Kara

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I usually respond to inquiries or funny bits via email, so please make sure your address is available in your profile.