November 10, 2011

a single tree

Truth be told, I adore every minute from the first of September through the beginning of January- it all seems so magical. This fall, though, I have so enjoyed the weather! Here in the greater Cincinnati area, we often go straight from the humid heat of summer to the mind numbing chills of winter with no autumn to speak of but, oh, not this year! It's been effing beautiful. You heard me- effing. :)

I've been fascinated by the transition of life this fall, both in people and in nature. There's a beautiful tree next to our driveway that I've been particularly enamored with and have been documenting it's changing leaves over the past few weeks.





This morning I woke up to our first frost of the season and I immediately went to the bedroom window to check on my little tree.





 
Yep, she's still hanging in there. :)

"A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart." -Hal Borland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I usually respond to inquiries or funny bits via email, so please make sure your address is available in your profile.