June 11, 2011

{10 on 10}- rex walls style!

It's time for another 10 on 10, folks! 10 on 10 is a blog project where on the 10th of each month, you're challenged to take a picture an hour for 10 consecutive hours and to then blog about it and post your blog link on the main site. (To see fun 10 on 10s from around the world, click HERE. Unfortunately, the linky was closed when I went to the site so I couldn't link up. Waa, waa, waaaaaaaa.)

The 10th of June this year happened to be when book club gathered at our house to discuss "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls! This book was uh-mazing, so  much so that my review is going to be on a separate blog post- check back for that.

In honor of the author's father, Rex Walls, I decided to not conform and instead of posting pictures from 10 consecutive hours, my pictures are all from book club. Don't do the skedaddle before looking at them, yo! :) Oh, and in case you are wondering about the... eclectic food choices for the day, each time we get together our food and drink choices follow a theme of the book we've read. This month we chose to make all upscale hillbilly cuisine to reflect Jeannette Walls' humble beginnings... hince salami rolls on a plate. Enjoy!


Tricia from Take 10 with Tricia .



Kim and Randy from The Spotted Elephant .


We rate each book that we read and take a picture of it's "score"- this is the only book that got 2 thumbs up from the entire group! :)



And, to keep with traditional Rex Walls style, I ended my 10 on 10 on June 11th, a little after midnight. :)
I hope everyone else had a great 10th!

2 comments:

  1. Can I join your book club? I love it! And I LOVED that book, so I appreciate the Rex Walls theme. Just curious...did anyone have a vienna sausage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salami rolls on a plate? Girl, you know they were on a FRISBEE! That night was so much fun. Thanks for including me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I usually respond to inquiries or funny bits via email, so please make sure your address is available in your profile.