January 7, 2010

bag lady

At around 9:00 in the morning on Tuesday, Kim looked at me & said "Do you know you're only wearing one earring?". WHAT?! I reached up & touched my ear &, sure enough, I was short a jewel. I looked through all of the clothes on my person, coat, purse, desk- it was no where to be found. I then started retracing my steps & walking through the office starring at the ground frantically- which, surprisingly enough, got no stares from fellow co-workers. I wonder what that says about me? Anyway, I went outside & in between my car & the SUV next to me, covered almost entirely by snow was this little gem.
Of course I would be disappointed to lose any piece of jewelry, but this was a gift for my last birthday & I kinda got irrationally sad when I thought it was gone forever. When I found it, I was full of joy & relief. As you can see here, as I was showing off my newly found earring while eating a yummy vegan spring roll at Loving Cafe.

On another note, I finished almost all of my Christmas sewing in time for the big day!!! I was a bag making fool this year. Here are some of the ones I couldn't share w/ you before:

A fun geometric bag for Heather.
Jack helped me out w/ Heather's mom's Christmas gift. He's so handy.
& a bag for my mom. I also made a bag for my sister using the same fabric as my mom's bag but in a different color- off white background & flowers in shades of purple. I didn't get this project done in time for Christmas but I have a new due date for it & it will surely be done by then. :)

There's just something about cold weather that makes me want to sew the day away. Humm... I think I just made my plans for tonight. :)

1 comment:

  1. I think you stole that geometric print bag from me! Or maybe we just shop at the same fabric store...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I usually respond to inquiries or funny bits via email, so please make sure your address is available in your profile.