November 21, 2013

it's [almost] the most wonderful time of the year...

Oh em gee, people, it's all happening!!! This is so my favorite time of year- fall and then CHRISTMAS!

Last year around this time we were busy moving my mom (and all of her earthly possessions... oy) from one house to another and I had NO desire to decorate for any holidays. Blasphemy, I know! This year though, there is candy corn in all of the containers, bunting on everything that will stand still (name that movie) and PUMPKINS! Oh, the pumpkins. :)

image

image

Don't you love that cross stitch sampler?! It's the 2013 Woodland Sampler from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery and it has been SO much fun to stitch this year! On the first of each month you get the pattern emailed to you for that month's design; I've really liked that because not only is it something to look forward to each month but you don't get so overwhelmed seeing the whole thing at once! I also bought their Christmas on Gingerbread Lane Sampler which I'm really looking forward to working on this winter under a cozy quilt on the couch. :)

image

image

I also found the most perfect cozy drink for this time of year! Just slowly warm up some milk in a saucepan on your stovetop; use a whisk to make some foam. Then pour it into a mug and add 1-2 tsp of vanilla, some honey and gobs of cinnamon. SO GOOD!!!

I hope you're enjoying the fall where you are (or the spring, Aussies!)! :)

xo, Kara


PS: Don't forget to enter the Robert Kaufman give-away here! The contest ends at noon EST on Friday, November 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

I usually respond to inquiries or funny bits via email, so please make sure your address is available in your profile.